Careers at URB-E in Pasadena, CA
Founded in 2013, URB-E is the world’s most compact electric vehicle. Our company is dedicated to finding new solutions to everyday problems for the growing population in urban cities around the world. With 70% of the world’s population living in urban cities by 2025, commuters will need a more efficient, compact, and sustainable mode of transportation to get them from their home to the office, and everywhere in between.
In the past 12 months we’ve been featured in a myriad of press (CNBC, WSJ, USA Today, BBC, NBC, ABC, Washington Post, LA Times, Reuters, FOX, Mashable, TechCrunch, CNET, and more), we’ve partnered with incredible companies (Amazon, Whole Foods, Fairmont, W Hotels, WeWork, Goldenvoice, Nordstrom, HPE, Pandora, Metrolink, Jamestown LP, Microsoft, and more) and we’ve sold thousands of foldable electric vehicles to individuals and organizations in 30 countries.
That was 2016.
Earlier this year, we launched four new foldable electric vehicles and a mobile power source at CES and the Detroit Auto Show, which received a fair amount of video press coverage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytx5lW6jJ-c. We even won “Best of CES 2017” from The Verge.
And later this summer we’re opening up a new flagship location at USC, right in the heart of their USC Village Development.
Interested in joining our company? Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
URB-E. Designed in Pasadena. Built in California.
Please see our social channels:
Careers and Job Opportunities
Senior Electrical Engineer
URBAN626 is looking for an Senior Electrical Engineer for our Pasadena office who is prepared to work in a fast paced environment.
- Design of the differential drive system.
- Evaluates and selects hardware components for the motor controller and creates the control strategy for it.
- Develops the algorithm for a sinewave three phase controller and a differential drive system and writes the firmware for the controller.
FEA and Test engineer
Urban626 is looking for a FEA and Test engineer for our Pasadena office for the following core responsibilities.
- Structural linear analysis of complete vehicle and components.
- Verifies that design proposals meet the strength and functional requirements.
- Uses FEA (Solidworks) to validate strength of structural components.
- Creates a test plan and facilitates execution of it.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Urban626 is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Pasadena office who can execute the following core responsibilities.
- Design and release of structural frames with sliding and moving components.
- Brings the desire for innovative solutions to enable break through solutions.
- Needs good understanding of mechanical systems and the effects of loads on them.
- Good working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D Design.
- FEA experience is a plus.
We are now hiring a driven Sales Associate who will be involved in all aspects of sales, including retail, inside, and outside sales.
This candidate will be someone who loves working in fast paced environments, and wants to help grow our company’s revenue through sales and marketing initiates, both with individual customers as well as organizations and companies.
We sell to individual consumers, as well as businesses. We have 2 retail locations. We participate in events, do product demonstrations for companies, call individuals who have signed up on our website, encourage locals to visit our flagship showroom, and more, to grow awareness and sales for URB-E.
Candidates should be passionate about sales, marketing, business development, and connecting with individuals and businesses who want to spend more time doing what they love, and less money and time getting there. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to multitask.
- Sales – including prospecting, sorting through leads, and nurturing potential customers
- Events – helping out with both small and large events
- Retail – building awareness for our retail location and driving sales from customers that come in
- Marketing – we do everything we can to build exposure for our brand on a budget, and love ideas we can execute on. We want your ideas!
URBAN626 is looking for an Assembly Technician for the URB-E Production Team. Interested applicants who have experience working on car, bikes or motorcycles are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be trained on the assembly line and learn each stage required to build all three models of the URB-E electric vehicle (GP Classic, PRO, and Sport). Many of opportunities for grow within the company.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with hand tools in automotive industry or any other repair or service industry.
- Very disciplined and organized
- Team player and respectful of others
- Positive attitude
- Creative problem solving skills
- Build URB-Es with the Production Team!
- Maintenance repairs for warranty units
- Subassembly work for production line (drill shocks, cut kickstands, etc)
- Kitting for production line
- Packaging and shipping of URB-E vehicles
We are seeking a professional retail sales associate for our store in Old Town Pasadena. Candidates must have prior retail experience and have the ability to engage with a variety of customers.
- Greet customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner.
- Have a solid understanding of the URB-E in terms of functionality and use.
- Ability to answer customer questions in confidently and professionally.
- Work as a team player with other retail sales associates to ensure each customer receives the best service possible.
- Process customer transactions using POS system.
- Make customers part of the URB-E community, invite them to local events and to engage with us on social media.
- Ensure that the retail area is kept orderly and presentable.
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about urban design and technology
- Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
Interested in joining an exciting team working on a revolutionary product? Send your resume to email@example.com and come change the world with us.